It’s a struggle to find Q words to use to start a post. I figured I would list my favorite five queens in the stuff I’ve read.
1) Elyssa Yamato from the Vampire Queen series by Joey W. Hill. These books are hot, the world is really engrossing. Elyssa Yamato is a strong, sane queen ruling over all the vampires in these series. It’s not an easy job.
2) Ce’Nedra from The Belgariad by David & Leigh Eddings. She’s infuriating, but she also always entertaining.
3) Jade from the Books of the Raksura by Martha Wells. Jade is a sister Queen in this world and the world is beyond amazing.
4) Mara from the Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. Not quite a Queen, but a powerful lady anyway. This book blew my away when I first read it and I love it still.
5) Jaenelle from the Black Jewels book by Anne Bishop. This is one my favorite series ever, by one of my favorite writers. Jaenelle is perfect. (And, no, I don’t care she turns into a Mary Sue by the third book. I am going to write a post on that one of these days.)