I am a fan. I am a fan of lots of things – Beyonce, The Gates, Spiderman. Nail Polish.
But I only go fan-girl crazy for some books, some characters. You know. When you countdown to the release date, read all the excerpts, all the snippets, and then get it the day it comes out? (Or when the library gets it when pockets are lean.)
Than, you spend all night reading and are completely, utterly exhausted in the morning because you got no sleep. Also, you cannot wait for next year, because the book was so short you finished it in one reading.
So you reread and reread, over and over again for at least a week. Maybe more.
Yeah, there are books I like that way. There aren’t that many, maybe have a dozen. In no particular order, they include:
- Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux
- Black Jewel series by Anne Bishop
- Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold
- In Death series by JD Robb aka Nora Roberts
- Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
- World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks
What do you go fan-girl over?
- Touch & Geaux By: Abigail Roux (Review by DP Amanda) (drunkenpervycreepers.wordpress.com)