A new, odd sort of drabble. It is exactly 99 words. I don’t know what to make of it.
Strange mysterious items dropped through windows – magically, as if glass didn’t exist. They plunked onto the sleeping laps of car residents. Their oblong shapes made odd objects d’art on snow-covered lawns.
People everywhere woke to the sound of bells and the fleeting sense of something passing. They pored over their new property. Poked and prodded them with sticks, dogs and scanners.
Television personalities expressed puzzlement; experts spoke stern warnings.
Ultimately, when opened, they revealed pens that wrote equally well on paper and screen. Writers were overjoyed.
The event went down in history as the day the aliens introduced themselves.
- Flash Fiction Friday: A Jar Full of Juice (rnfontenot.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash: Land Grave (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash: A Wish for Power (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash: Bleed for your Beloved (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Where Do You Get Your Ideas- Friday Flash (melissalwebb.wordpress.com)