I have decided to do National Novel Writing Month. Thank You to all my friends who encouraged me.
So I loaded Scrivener and started a new short story project. Stared at the empty screen. Panicked when I realized I couldn’t remember any of my ideas for a short story. Took a deep breath and calmed down enough to recall I have been wanting to write a short pre-writing sort of story about the death of the character’s grandmother.
I have thus far written one sentence and I don’t know what else I am going to write. Maybe I should have decided I was going to do this earlier, did a bit more planning. LOL
But I am less panicked now and I know some of what I want to write. I am not going to do the traditional sort of NaNo. Instead I want to write five 10,000 word stories.
According to some people, that makes me a NaNo rebel. I don’t think I agree. I am still going to write 50,000 and I disagree with people who think 50,000 words worth of short stories is easier 50,000 words worth of a novel. It’s still 50,000 words.
- National Novel Writing Month 2012 (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month…am I brave enough? (bcsirrom.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month begins today, and with it, the… (updates.gawker.com)
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) (nadineatomlinson.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month (allisonsbookbag.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month Begins Nov. 1 (booksnreview.com)