I am writing again. It feels good.
I finally seem to have exhausted the reading urge. Not completely; I am going to get the new Nalini Singh book soon. It came out today. (Sadly, it doesn’t star Bluebell. He’s a fiercely beautiful angel, if anyone cares.) But I don’t want to read to the exclusion of everything else.
So yesterday I opened the work in progress, read some dialogue and realized immediately that it could be better. Shorter. Sharper. I realized I didn’t actually need all the words I was using. It was a freeing discovery. Makes me feel like my weeks of non-writing weren’t a complete waste of time. Maybe I needed to absorb how other writers – writers I like! – do stuff.
Plus, my TBR list is a lot shorter.
- Writing to know what I think (chrysalisjourney.wordpress.com)
- Why write?! (carriecraig.wordpress.com)
- Being a Writer (cristianmihai.net)
- Passion… Writing Works… Love It! (rojinoh.wordpress.com)
- On Lassitude and Not Writing (storytreasury.wordpress.com)