Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
A perfect two lines for my teasers this time!
Yet . . . by capitalizing our names and the names of others, we are declaring that we are special, that we have a greater identity or are of greater import to the world than do those objects or creatures who the share the same common name, such as trees, or rocks, or pebbles, or ants, or cattle. At times, people name animals, especially those that are loved or that have served faithfully, and those names accord them somehow a higher place than animals that bear no names.
– Scholar by L. E. Modesitt
- Teaser Tuesday: Witch Eyes (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday: The Tempering of Men (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday: Under Heaven (storytreasury.wordpress.com)