Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Still reading the same book as last week! I haven’t made much progress, but the week’s been very busy.
He nodded, glancing at me. “You sound relieved.”
“I am. I mean, vampires can be nasty, but I wouldn’t put them in the same league as something that’s crawled from the gates of hell.”
– Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur
I am really behind on my NaNo word-count. It’s currently 10418 and as of yesterday, I should have reached 21666 words. So, yeah. Realllllly behind.
The NaNo stats thing tells me I am averaging 744 words a day and I need to write 2329 words everyday if I am going to finish on time.
Part of that is because I spent a couple of days unable to get to a computer at all. So 0 words for a couple days the first week and the last couple days weren’t much better. I wrote about 600-700 words before I had to stop.
Still the site thinks I am averaging 744 a day. Probably my two or three really good days are throwing it off. And by good I mean I managed to write 2000+ words. I am still writing more than I usually manage. I mean, more than 10000 words in two weeks! For me, that’s fantastic.
So . . . kindle ARC issue. Yesterday I went on netGalley and asked for an ARC of The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells. I got it immediately and I clicked the button to send it to my kindle.
Normally I download netGalley ARCs to my computer, but I don’t have my own computer on hand. I am using someone else’s and I really
didn’t want to go to the trouble of downloading/installing/authenticating the Adobe Digital Editions software on it. It’s too much trouble.
So I sent it my kindle.
First, the book took forever to arrive.
Second, the formatting sucks. Only a few paragraphs are indented properly. Most paragraphs are not and that is just really really annoying. Also, sometimes it has page numbers and odd symbols (a box with a question mark inside).
Really! It’s so hard to read. I’ll probably have to wait until I have my own computer here to read it. Sucks.
I was going to use reading the ARC as a reward for finishing my word-count. Now I can’t.
I am never sending netGalley ARCs to the kindle again. Never never never!
- First day of NaNoWriMo (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- What is NaNoWrimo? (and Progress) (aninconvenientai.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Post No. 3: More Updates, Word Count and Stuff (tirelessthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Need More Reasons to NetGalley? (unputdownables.net)
- I’m Taking Part In NaNoWriMo (leeswammes.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (jdhhomeschool.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo day 1 (alteredarcanum.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day 6 Update (laith.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update: Day 8 (jackofalltradesmasterofnone.com)
- 7 nights, 8 days – NaNoWriMo (snagglewordz.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 Word Count – Day 5 (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 (blametheweatherman.wordpress.com)