NaNo is here! Whoo-hoo.
For those of you who don’t know what is NaNoWriMo, it is the National Novel Writing Month. I call it NaNo. So much shorter.
The idea is to write a complete novel or 50,000 words in November. You are supposed to start work on a new novel, but I am going to work on the WiP. It has at least 50000 words in it. Possibly as many as 60000. Personally, I think that’s enough of a challenge. And 50000 words counts, huh?
That comes out to 1666.66667 words a day (used Google to calculate that). 12,500 words a week. It sounds impossible; my average is 300 words a day. Plus, I haven’t written at all this week. (Been busy!)
So, yeah. I’ve a suspicion I won’t make it. But it’ll be fun to try. It’s a way to kick off my second
year with this blog.
Last year, I forgot. I remembered only on the fourth day when I realized half of the blogs in my Google reader were filled with NaNo posts. Too late to even consider NaNo by then.
I am afraid some things will suffer during NaNo. Reading, twitter, the blog and its weekly memes: Friday flash, teaser Tuesday.
- Dear NaNoWriMo, (eoghann.com)
- How To Win National Novel Writing Month Using Google Docs (readwriteweb.com)
- Well I have the blog all set up for NaNoWriMo (eoghann.com)
- NaNoWriMo!!!!!!! A FEW MORE HOURS!!!! (raodum.wordpress.com)
- Limbering Up for NaNoWriMo (stl16.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – Less than 24 hours to go (lifeatnofixedabode.com)
- NaNo-NaNo-WriMo-WriMo… It’s almost here! (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (q-ontech.blogspot.com)
- It’s #NaNoWriMo time (fictionalgraffiti.wordpress.com)
- Hey everyone NaNoWriMo is mere hours away and… (querkthegroup.wordpress.com)