- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am teasing this book again because I am not reading any fiction at the moment. I am only reading this and a book on the craft of writing (The book confused me so much in the first chapter I felt compelled to blog about it.)
If I am in your circles on G+, you know I posted the quote there two days ago. It made me laugh. 😉
Plus, does anyone think the quote has some truth to it? The deep structure thing, not the other.
Arguably, in fact, Star Trek borrowed it’s deep structure from the classic triangle of the romance novel, with Kirk the impetuous heroine torn between McCoy, the stolid boy next door, and Spock, the dark mysterious stranger.
- Teaser Tuesday: Cambridge Companion to Science Fiction (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- The Science Fiction Gateway (philbradley.typepad.com)
- Vote for the Best Science Fiction (neatorama.com)
- Unintentionally Hilarious Lines from Science Fiction & Fantasy (neatorama.com)