So, yesterday I was reviewing what I had so far for the Write 1, Sub 1 challenge. The first paragraph started out in the third person and the by the fourth paragraph, I had somehow migrated to the first person.
I have no idea how it happened! My mind must have been wondering. What a stupid POV mistake!
Somehow in the middle of writing, I switched from “she” to “I”. My only excuse is that all of my recent stories have in the first person POV. Somehow, by habit, I switched here without realizing what I was doing.
Than, when I was rewriting, I realized some of what I wrote just would work in the third person. I know the third person limited POV is very similar to the first person POV, but they are not exactly the same and so I had to rewrite all of the second half.
Has anyone ever done that before? Changed from third person to first person POV by accident? I am still stunned I managed it.
- The Red Pen: The POVerdict (thefallenmonkey.com)
- Build a spinning POV in a day (hackaday.com)
- What Is Your POV? (shirleymclain930.wordpress.com)
- What Is Your POV II? (shirleymclain930.wordpress.com)
- Series Characters and POV (writingsluts.wordpress.com)
- POV 1.0 schematic (giuseppetalarico.wordpress.com)